Ensuring Economic Opportunity for all in Florida
The League of Women Voters of Florida supports legislation that helps meet basic human needs for all Floridians. We support programs and policies to prevent or reduce poverty and to promote self-sufﬁciency for individuals and families. The League believes that through support services, every Floridian can have a quality of life that they deserve.
The Poverty Action Team is committed to changing the negative outcomes of poverty and increasing life opportunities for all our residents. Current programs meant to help the poor become self-sufficient and improve their quality of life can instead create barriers for low-income families, making these goals more difficult. Our team advocates for these families through open dialog with our state and local legislators.
Issues for Action:
Basic Human Needs
- Income Assistance. Support income assistance programs based on a need that provides decent, adequate standards for food, clothing and shelter.
- Support Services. Provide for essential support services.
- Housing Supply. Support policies to provide a decent home and a suitable living environment for every American family.
Support programs and policies to expand the supply of affordable, quality childcare for all who need it.
- Early Intervention and adequate early childhood education for Children at Risk
- Support policies and programs that promote the well-being, development, and safety of all children.
The LWVFL Poverty Action Team
Join the LWVFL Poverty Action Team!
You must be a member of the League of Women Voters of Florida or one of our Local Chapters to participate, please become a member
Latest on Poverty
from the LWVFL
Issue History & Study in Action
How you can get involved
Sign up to get news and alerts by email