The League of Women Voters of Florida has joined the campaign to support getting a constitutional amendment on the ballot in 2024 for civil action to enforce our right to clean and healthy waters in Florida. The “Right to Clean and Healthy Waters” is a stopgap, declaring that “no more harm” will be allowed to our waters. The campaign’s mission is to take this to Florida’s voters; to educate them, to collect their petitions, and to ensure their voice is heard.
Why has the League agreed to help regarding this?
- Everyone needs and deserves clean water.
- Our health, our economy, and nature all depend upon clean water.
- But thousands of Florida’s waterways are polluted because polluters have rights and special interests have undue influence in Tallahassee.
- The buck stops with the state.
- With a Right to Clean and Healthy Waters, citizens can hold the state accountable.
- We can stop pollution at the source and protect our families, secure our livelihoods, and help nature flourish.
You can now go to floridarighttocleanwater.org to download blank petitions and refer people to the site to sign, date, and mail.