State Program + Study & Action
Members of local Leagues come together to discuss issues of statewide interest and current or potential League concerns. They recommend to their local League boards issues and policy focuses our organization should both study deeper and take action upon. Local League boards consolidate the members’ recommendations and decide which issues and positions have the most support, are most timely and are most appropriate for League activity. They then send their recommendations to the board of the League of Women Voters of Florida (LWVFL). The state board weighs the various recommendations from the local Leagues and decides which issues to recommend for our state program the proposals are then voted upon at each state biennial convention (composed of local League delegates) for final adoption.
- Click here to view our 2021-2023 State Program.
- Click here to view 2021-2023 Study & Action Booklet which includes our State Program along with narratives on various issues.
- LWVFL is in the process of forming a committee prior to 2023 State Convention in order to reformat our Study & Action into a more concise, clear and easy-to-follow document, if you are interested in joining this committee please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A similar process is utilized at the national level for the League of Women Voters of the United States. Unlike our state organization, their position process and the outcome of it is referred to as Impact on Issues. Click here to see the latest edition of Impact of Issues.
Bylaws are the legally binding rules by which the organization is governed. They set forth the structure of the organization and guide the Board of Directors (“Board”) in the conduct of its business. In essence, bylaws are the operating manual for a nonprofit. The League of Women Voters of Florida is made up of two separate entities: Our educational arm: League of Women Voters of Florida Education Fund (501c3) and our advocacy arm: League of Women Voters of Florida Fund (501c4).
- Click here to find the bylaws of the League of Women Voters of Florida Education Fund.
- Click here to find the bylaws of the League of Women Voters of Florida Fund.